Nursing as a calling and sharing and advancing knowledge is a responsibility. This site is about sharing the love for teaching nursing and policy. All that love their vocation and want to nurture those who have a desire to care for the sick and the injured, change health policy, and improve outcomes will find a kindred spirit.
Nursing requires a broad understanding of the human condition, including cultures, religions, and history. Moreover, studying nursing is necessarily an interactive process between the instructor and the student that prepares undergraduates to be novice nurses and helps graduates students to become experts.
As teachers, we should:
- Instill a desire for service to others
- Inspire joy in learning and facilitate life-long learning skills
- Develop students that are critical thinkers and exercise sound judgment
- Ensure students master the basics and proceed into the vocation with confidence
- Advance knowledge through service, research, and administration
- Always encourage the growth of the whole person – mind, body, and spirit
This website is designed to share experiences and view on practice, policy, and teaching. More importantly, it is to help others to take a broader view of the role of nursing, encourage the free sharing of information and tools that can enhance the educational experience, influence policy, and advocate for social justice.